It was a rough week back to normalcy last week and the weekend couldn't come soon enough. Which naturally when it did I had a bout of insomnia and watched really wretched reality TV shows from across the pond. Oh boy.
Saturday morning was the ultimate in grogginess. A day when you knock over things and feel overwhelmed by the mere thought of wearing pants. Who looks decent on a Saturday? Aren't I now at the age when real clothing is like, optional? Because I am now old enough not to care that I look slightly amiss?
For the most part -- that's my mentality. And boy oh boy was it ever the case this past weekend. So in the face of no scheduled posts and a barren kitchen table (WHERE DID ALL THE BAKED GOODS GO? OH...I didn't make any? DARN IT ALL!!!!) I pulled my sleeves up, put on Songza and made these little gems.
White chocolate + macadamia nut = coffee shop cookies. These of course are healthier than the usual that are characteristically super sweet and decadent. All the fanciness with none of the junkiness. YAY.
For really reals -- these are AMAZING. The flavour is so delicate and comforting. I love these cookies so much. They were a long time in the making, too! Cookies can be challenging. What makes them spread and become delicious and chewy is the flour, sugar, butter magic going on. So it took me quite a few tries to get a recipe I was happy with and wanted to share.
These cookies disappeared QUICK times. And I found myself eating them in bed beyond what my body physically needed. Do our bodies physically need cookies? What a silly question. Of course they do.
The ingredients are few and basic -- and you can always use whatever YOU have on hand -- so let's have a look!
White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies
Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free, Vegan Options
- 1 3/4 cup gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Egg replacer for two eggs or 2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or granulated sugar of choice)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup cream cheese or non-dairy cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt or non-dairy yogurt, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips*
- 1/2 cup roughly chipped macadamia nuts
*You can find vegan white chocolate chips online at select retailers -- otherwise omit white chocolate chips for vegan option
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl sift together flours, baking soda, salt and set aside
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment combine all wet ingredients one at a time until fully combined
- Add in flour mixture while mixing on low until fully combined
- Add in macadamia nuts and chocolate chips last -- folding until just combined
- If dough is too sticky wrap the dough and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes
- To bake simply roll into equal sized balls with hands and press down until cookies are around 3/4 - 1 inch in thickness
- Bake each batch for 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown
- Cool on a wire rack before serving
I sampled one...just to make sure they were safe.
Yeah...they were safe. Unless you mean safe from being consumed at a rapid rate with a tall glass of sensual almond milk. Yes. Sensual. Then no. No one is safe from that.
I hope you try these cookies out. I feel like anything with macadamia nuts is impressive. Like where do you even get those? What are they? What is their story? That much I don't know but I DO know they are delicious especially when enveloped in a soft and chewy caramel-y type of healthy gluten free cookie. ESPECIALLY THEN!
From my table to yours,
Happy Cookie Cookin'!