I will start this post by saying that these little protein bars may not look like much. You may right them off. You may look at their innocuous shape and size and say...
SO WHAT PROTEIN BAR.
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME CHELSEA LATELY?
But the reality is. The honest to goodness truth. The only thing I can tell you is...
This is the protein bar to end all protein bars.
And I don't just mean for mint chocolate chip lovers, either.
I mean for anyone who loves. Yep. Just loves in general. Because these little bad boys and creamy and sweet and minty and chocolate and all that is good in this world into one little unsuspecting square of gluten free vegan goodness.
I literally cannot keep these in my fridge. We all fight over them and then they are gone and it's the saddest moment in all of our lives all at once.
The texture is pillowy yet chewy and satisfying. PLEASE JUST MAKE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!
And in the off chance that you maybe enjoy...oh, I don't know. Chocolate chip cookie dough instead? Well. I have a protein bar for that.
Or if you scoff at all these juvenile chocolate chip options (watch it, buster!) then how about this NEOPOLITAN PROTEIN BAR?
Okay fine. No? Maybe you like creamsicles instead? HA HA I HAVE A BAR FOR THAT, TOO!
My goal in life is to have a protein bar for every single flavour option, ever. On earth. OR maybe in space.
Do you think aliens are protein-savvy?
Maybe I will launch one into space and see what happens.....
Gosh I am funny. But these bars are serious. For real. Check them out!
Mint Chocolate Chip Protein Bars
Yields 16 Brownies
Gluten Free, Sugar Free, High Protein, Vegan
- 1 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 1/2 cup liquid sweetener (agave, maple syrup, brown rice syrup, coconut nectar, honey, etc)
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon mint flavouring
- Splash of vanilla extract (optional)
- 2-3 drops green food colouring (optional)
- For Ganache:
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Line an 8x8 pan with aluminum foil or plastic wrap for easy clean up
- Mix all dry ingredients (except those for the ganache) in a large mixing bowl and stir until combined
- In a small sauce pan heat the nut butter, sweetener and stevia (if using) until thoroughly combined, stirring occasionally
- Wait until mixture has cooled, 5 minutes or so, before pouring onto dry ingredients -- otherwise you will melt the chocolate chips!
- Pour liquid mixture onto dry mixture using almond milk to add to mixture only until it forms a large ball (you may need less or more almond milk depending on the ingredients you use!)
- Press into lined pan until flat and even and place in the fridge to set for at least 30 minutes
- For ganache: melt all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and stir until combined
- Pour over dough mixture and tap the pan to eliminate air bubbles
- Place in fridge to set for 30-60 minutes
- Cut into 16 squares and enjoy!
- Keep refrigerated if your climate is hot!
If you are a better person than I...then you can share these.
Just don't expect to bring anything back with you, okay??
I never bring protein bars back with me after sharing them.
I always think, oh I have so many, I am sure there will be lots left!
But that's how I know they are good! Really good!
I want to make a big batch of these and not even bother putting them into the pan. Just eating the dough with a spoon and topping it with a huge dollop of coconut cream.
OH MYY GOSH THAT WOULD BE SO GOOD.
I hope someone does that. Ohhh with my paleo frosting too!
Ugh. Someone needs to make that for me right now!!!!!!!!
Mint chocolate chip ice cream is bae. It's more than bae. It's more than boo. IT'S EVERYTHING GIRL! EVERYTHING!
And I am DEAD serious about not pressing them into bars and eating them with paleo frosting and coconut cream. That would be the most amazing food experience of all time.
So make 'em. Share 'em. Eat em with a spoon. Or in bed crying about how your birthday just passed and you hurt your hip and flossed out one of your teeth and your life is disintegrating and extremely stressful and you 'literally can't even' anymore.
Too much info? Maybe. But I know y'all feel me.
PLEASE MAKE THESE AND TELL ME HOW IT GOES! I am always so happy to see you recreate my protein treats!
Happy mint chocolate chippin'