I have made a LOT of protein cookies this week. Significantly more cookies have been made than I have disclosed on the blog. I am taste-testing. This is an elaborate process....Yeah...that's exactly what it is!
So rest assured when I say these are the BEST YET. They really are. I waited for 10 other people to verify this fact before I went public with the news.
The. Best. Yet.
Pecan, toffee, chocolate and a warm soft and chewy cookie = taste bud euphoria. So you are welcome. By the way -- these are PROTEIN cookies. Which means you don't have to feel bad about eating these in the morning or post-workout or post-post-workout or pre-workout for a day that isn't even that day but who cares because MMMM.
They are soft and fudgey and the pecan crunch gives the best texture ever. Oh and also chocolate. Enough said. Just check out this seductive birds-eye view:
I won't blab on about these cookies. But they are seriously a satisfying and delicious cookie that rivals any ordinary cookie on the market. And these aren't ordinary are they? No. No they are not.
Let's see the recipe!
Chocolate Toffee Protein Cookies
Yields 24 - 30 cookies
* You can also use chocolate protein powder but I found vanilla did not have an aftertaste whereas the chocolate did. I have used both!
** I know cinnamon seems odd. I promise this is a MUST -- it enhances all the flavours without being obvious or overpowering
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare baking sheets that are greased or lined with parchment paper
- Combine all dry ingredients even the chocolate chips and nuts if you prefer (or you can add them in the the end, it's preference) in a medium bowl and mix together
- In a large bowl, mix together all wet ingredients
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until a large dough forms, using almond milk to allow dough to come together (you may not need it all or you might need more, depends on your flour! I personally have only needed it once due to dry flour)
- Add in chocolate chips and other add-ins and mix-ins if you have not already
- Roll dough into balls and press them down flat onto your baking sheet
- Bake each batch for 6-10 minutes or until the tops of the cookies are slightly firm
- Cool on a wire rack before storing
- Store in an airtight container for 3-5 days
That's it! Biggity bam.
Then they fell. Oh well. STILL GOOD, Y'ALL!
They have a brownie feel. Kind of like these double chocolate protein cookies!
And they even look like the beloved chocolate turtle treat we all know and love! If you don't love chocolate turtles you are a brave and mighty soul with the will power and restraint stronger than Zeus himself.
But you know what, old buddy, old pal??!?
You don't need the restraint with these. It's just not necessary. Because they are tasty and delicious and good for you and will make you strong like bull!
Make strong like bull....but taste like yummy cakey brownie? SIGN ME UP!
Just kidding. I already signed up for a lifetime membership.
What are you waiting for! Vamanos and get to making these! Post work-out, pre-workout....what workout? Who needs an excuse to eat cookies?