Peanut butter is amazing. There is something so distinctly comforting to me about peanut butter. The mouth feel, the slight sweetness, the texture -- all of it!
Paired with chocolate? Get outta here!
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Protein Bites are a peanut butter version of my protein bars dipped in a high quality dark chocolate. As far as toppings go they range from sprinkles to a few little skor bits. SKOR. OH MY. So delicious that I cannot even describe it.
These little lovelies are these Chocolate Turtles Protein Bars topped with a hazelnut!
My Aunt just returned from Europe and so naturally, I forced her to try one of them. The verdict? DELICIOUS! The right amount of peanut butter, a good chewy texture and ultimately the most satisfying little treat a peanut butter lover could ask for!
Let's check out the recipe, shall we? But if Peanut Butter and Chocolate isn't your thing...well, I have a whole BUNCH of other high protein recipes which you can find here on my recipe page!
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Protein Bites
Yields 16 2-inch round bites
- In a small saucepan melt the honey/agave and nut butter until fully combined
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients (oat flour, peanut flour, protein powder, chopped nuts and cocoa) and whisk together until combined.
- Add your warm nut butter mixture to your dry ingredients and mix together adding almond milk (or other non-dairy milk) to the mixture if it is too dry. It probably will be, so I used almond milk! I added it slowly using only enough to make the mixture form a large ball.
- Using your hands, take 1-2 tablespoons of your mixture and roll into a ball. Place onto a lined baking sheet and repeat until you're done!
- Set in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Melt your dark chocolate in a microwave safe dish for 30 second increments, stirring each time, until fully melted. You may need more chocolate depending on how much you like on your PB bites!
- Dip the top half of the balls into chocolate, shake the excess and allow to dry on a baking sheet or parchment paper
- If you desire, after each ball has been dipped, add toppings like chopped nuts, sprinkles, skor bits or chocolate chips!
- Store in the fridge for up to a week or on the counter for 2-3 days (they are delicious cold, too!)
These are the cutest most adorable delicious little bites ever.
Or just admire them on your table as you dress them up all fancy like.
And definitely share... even though it's hard. Because sharing means you get to make another batch sometime soon!
I hope you try this recipe. I really loved the texture of having larger chunks of peanuts with the chocolate and just...MMM... I remember thinking in my head one was probably enough. BUT there were two kinds I made, and I should probably try both -- because...science?
Anyways they are delicious and a must try if you love peanut butter! Also I suggest buying miniature peanut butter cups, too. Because they are adorable.