Happy first day back to school everyone!
This is my first year NOT being a student -- and I can definitely say I LOVED going back to school. So enjoy it while you can and get the most out of this year!
Now onto cookie talk.
There are a lot of different types of cookie lovers. Those who love soft and crumbly cookies, those who love crunchy cookies, those who love chewy cookies that are soft and chewy in the middle and crisp around the edges....
You are that last one?!?!
Well hello, friend! You are in the right place. Meet the cookie that is so crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside you would think it was a brownie!
These are another one of my Eid treats...I know...I told you I baked a lot! And it was sooo worth it. These are amazing cookies. Chewy, sweet, delicious. I think all the cookies I made were pretty delicious -- but these disappeared first! They are the PERFECT chewy chocolate cookie.
I know I need not go on, you just want the recipe!
Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yields 24- 30 Cookies
Adapted from Entenmann's Big Book of Baking
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line several baking sheets with parchment paper
- In a small bowl, sift together flour, cocoa and baking powder
- In a medium bowl, beat together butter and sugar until fluffy and light in colour
- Add in egg and vanilla extract and beat until smooth
- Add in flour mixture and beat until well- mixed
- Fold in chocolate chips
- With dampened hands, roll mixture into tablespoon sized bowls and press down very gentle
- Bake each batch for 10 - 12 minutes or until cookies have flattened and become crisp around the edges
- Store in an airtight container for 3-5 days
Everyone went crazy for these cookies! They remind me of the cookies you get at coffee shops. They are absolute PERFECTION!
And they really do remind me a lot like brownies. The perfect brownie. And when the white chocolate chips poke through it looks really beautiful!
I adore the little pink scoop. EEEEEP!
These will be a hit wherever they go. And they hold up really well so you can take them with you everywhere!
Oh HAI little white chocolate chip. I seeeee youuuu!
Can you see the chewy amazingness?
CAN YA, CAN YA, HUH? HUH? HUH ?!?!??!
Oh you can? You think it's weird when I pretend I am having a conversation with you? Ohh....Well, I guess you are right. But that's not what matters here!
So as long as you make these delicious cookies for the chewy-cookie lover in your life (even if that person is you) and as long as you ignore that I dropped powdered sugar on the one cookie because I made these for Eid with the Ghoreyeba cookies and made a mess...
THEN ALL IS WELL IN THE WORLD.