I get baked. Do you? Who can resist? SO many flours, sugars, mmmmm and the smell! I'm talking about baking delicious things. You naughty, you!
Enough of the jibber-jabber. Let's head right to this AMAZHING banana bread.Why? Because chocolate, that's why.
I found the recipe on pinterest when trying to find a use for my overripe bananas! This recipe is simple, delicious, easy to prepare (one-bowl recipe FTW!) and better yet it's vegan and gluten-free!
If you want the recipe..
Gluten Free Vegan Banana BreadAdapted from Easy Banana Recipes
- 2 1/2 cups oat flour (I made mine by pulsing 2 1/2 cups oats in the blender until it turns into a fine flour)
- 1 cup mashed bananas (ripe is best!)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips (or add-ins of your choice! Nuts, raisins, etc)
- Water or non-dairy milk IF needed!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly grease your loaf pan
- Blend out flour and measure ingredients into large mixing bowl EXCEPT chocolate chips
- Mix your dry ingredients first for best results, then add in sugar, peanut butter and bananas.
- Mix thoroughly until combined.
- Add water or liquid if the mixture doesn't come together. I have never needed to add it though!
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Mixture should be thick and grainy like the picture below!
- Scoop into loaf pan, trying to spread it evenly-ish...
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes (mine took 40!)
- Let cool in pan until the pan isn't hot--take that puppy out and NOM NOM NOM IT!
Mmmm. Can be eaten RAW
But taste much better baked :) Mmmm...melty chocolate is melty.
That's all I got! It is actually delicious and I patiently wait for my bananas to brown so I can make banana bread! SO much easier than conventional yeast bread recipes, too!
You can obviously make this healthier by:
- omitting chocolate chips
- using cocoa nibs instead...
- choosing am organic dark chocolate chip like the Enjoy Life brand 71% chips (which are delicious!).
- use an alternative nut butter
- use stevia or honey instead of brown sugar (which may make the recipe too 'wet' causing a need for extra flour...this I cannot speak for...but it's worth a shot!)
- And other fun things I don't know about!
Make this. You'll feel like a boss.
Cook with you soon!