It's official. I have a problem. After whipping up those adorable sugar cookies...I just couldn't help it. I got to thinking. Green? Green....mint. Mint chocolate...CUPCAKES? Gluten Free? Why yes. I think I will.
This was also my chance to try this:
|PC Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Mix|
Keep Reading for a how-to!
Chocolate Cupcakes Ingredients:
- One box gluten free cake mix (chocolate or vanilla, up to you!)
- One box corresponding pudding mix
- Other ingredients the recipe calls for (eggs, oil/butter, water)
- Mix until combined and spoon into liners!
- **NOTE** this was gummy, and REALLY thick. It nearly broke my mixer. Gluten free mixes can be tricky, so I'd forgo the mixer unless you have a strong one
- ANOTHER **NOTE** After making these I have read that an extra egg may have helped....Oops again.
|Ready to be baked..|
|All done. They have a crispy, brownie like top. Hmm. Oops?|
As you can see, I printed a template I found online and placed parchment paper on top. I poured my cooled melted chocolate into a piping bag, and made my chocolate decorations! You can see my little free-hand one up to...it...was....interesting.
|Fully hardened after I popped them in the freezer for 10 minutes!|
- 1 cup butter
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- Beat butter until fluffy and pale yellow
- Gradually add in icing sugar until smooth and full of air
- Add vanilla and heavy cream
- Scoop into piping bags fitted with a large star tip!